Monday, August 18, 2008

Please Pray

I have to share something that I have been putting off.  I have drafted other posts, but they have not made it.

I do NOT want to HURT anyone.  I don't want to be the cause of someone else's pain or reminder. I have really struggled with this, but my own weakness and need for support is causing me to post in spite of these reservations.

I am 8 weeks pregnant and I am terrified.  I have an ultrasound scheduled for this Wednesday at 9:00 am.  Exactly 1 year ago on the same day, I was blindsided by learning our first baby had no heartbeat.  I was 8 weeks then too.

It has been 3.5 months since Henry's death.

I don't think I can take anymore.  I know I can if that is what God gives me, but oh, I don't want to have to. 

I have been analyzing my morning sickness, and it hasn't been as strong lately which has me terrified about Wed.  I don't realize how scared I really am until I break down sobbing.

I had an u/s at 6 weeks and we did see a heartbeat, and I know statistically 95% of pregnancies with a heartbeat go on successfully, but really, what do statistics mean to someone who lost a baby to stillbirth?  Someone has to be the 5% right?  Numbers mean nothing.  

I know God is in control, and His Will will be done.  I know He will give me the strength to endure anything, but that doesn't mean I want to experience it.  

I am so terrified.  I know satan is attacking my peace.  Please pray for us and our baby.

8 comments:

Kathryn said...

I am praying for you right now.

crayonmommy said...

I pray without ceasing for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!If your name is on my mind, I am praying about you and for you. I am happy for you, but I pray that you can mourn for Henry and have hope and some sort of peace for your new baby. I love you!

Kahla said...

Consider them sent. I pray that all will be fine and that you will have a healthy and happy 9 months and a healthy baby. I pray that you will have peace, hope, and faith. I pray that all of your dreams will come true. I'm so very happy for you. Please don't feel bad for posting. I sound so egocentric, but I'm afraid I'm one of those you were afraid of hurting. I want you to know that is so not the case. I am thrilled for you, just sad for us that we are not able to celebrate our own joys with you. Congratulations on your precious miracle!

Hugs,
Kahla

Sara said...

I am praying for you. I know you must me scared, but God will bless you with this child. Congratulations on a new life!

Katie Baker said...

Found your blog from Kahla's. Your strength and love for God is uplifting. You have such an amazing story. Many prayers sent your way!

Laurie said...

First off CONGRATULATIONS!!! Secondly, I will be praying for you. I know how you feel. I felt this way after losing my twins and then being pregnant with my daughter. I got through it one day at a time. That is all you can do. Again I will be praying!

Jessica said...

I am praying for peace for you, and perfect health and protection for your little one.

Daddy's Dream ~Mommy's Miracle said...

Congrats and I am praying....